Thursday, April 9, 2015

Random Update on Future Posts

When I was in my early teens I would go to every thrift store possible, garage sales, any book store that was having a sale, looking for books on writing. The ideal book I was looking for were college text books with questions to be answered in an essay or writers books with writers prompts in them. Not because I couldn't come up with a topic myself; I liked the randomness of the ideas they would throw at you. In the college books I liked the entire learning process. I wrote my first complete novel at 15 years old (I've never tried to sell and I don't believe I ever would) but I still would do those prompts and reading/writing exercises every day before I began working on my book.

Not only did I learn a lot it also helped me to expand my topics of research and writing into areas I normally wouldn't venture. To this day it has left an everlasting impact on me, and so I've decided I am going to do writing prompts and exercises everyday (I am not sure I will post all of them) once again.

Because I am not going to bring up political stuff on this blog I am going to also be sharing random rants about any and everything. So beware of all of the above =) And no, this post won't have any exercise in it... Just wanted to update anyone who may happen to care lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment